Sunday 21 July 2013

Weeaboos

Uuuugh Weeaboos

A weeaboo is a Westerner who is obsessed with and claims to be an fountain of knowledge about Japan, despite knowing very little about the culture or language.
Hate them

The word weeaboo was invented by the Internet and as such doesn't mean anything

Weeaboos are generally big anime fans and they learn their "Japanese" from Hetalia or the like. They are generally desperate to go to Japan so they can see "all the manga and anime and I will fit in" newsflash no you won't.
What's annoying about Weeaboos is that they fetishize Japanese culture. In a weeaboo's eyes, Japan can do no wrong. And obviously, as with any country, this is not true.

Weeaboos are the type you see in Western sushi bars, eating sushi and drinking Ramune (despite the fact that these do not go well together at all) simply because "it's Japanese." I have had the misfortune of meeting Weeaboos, at home and in Japan, who upon learning that I speak Japanese, will suddenly start calling me "Caoimhe-chan kawaii desu ne" which is the extent of their Japanese (and just nonsense) and it's just like... No. If you spoke like that in Japan people would avoid you like the plague.

Now don't get me wrong, people who actually bother to learn a bit about the language and culture of their beloved country are fine with me. As are people who don't know much about Japan but don't claim to. It's the Weeaboos, with their "Konnichiwa! THATS JAPANESE FOR HELLO I LEARNED IT FROM NARUTO" that piss me off. you are not the king of Japan please stop

Rant over.

クイーヴァ
Caoimhe

4 comments:

  1. I has no words!
    Weetabix is it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow hon, sounds like someone rattled your cage. you go giirl - get it off your chest - its good for the soul xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just cos you learn japanese doesnt mean you aren't a weeabo....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't claim to be the be all and end all of Japanese culture. Plus there are plenty of things I dislike about Japan, unlike Weeaboos.

      Hate Weeaboos.

      Delete