Monday 29 July 2013

My Weekend

Hey gang,

So I`m 18 now whaaaaat
I can`t get my head around it

I went to Numazu City with my host family and went to the fireworks festival, which was awesome. I got to wear yukata, which is Japanese summer kimono, and I`ll upload a photo when I get the chance. :)
Then we ate in a pasta restaurant where we were served by a Romanian woman who also had her birthday that day so we all sang "Happy Birthday" in English, bemusing the Japanese people in the restaurant. And I got melon soda best day ever :D

The next day, I did something I haven`t done in thirteen years - went to the cinema to see Pokemon. I still remember going to see Pokemon The Movie 2000 when I was five years old, and going to see Pokemon ExtremeSpeed Genesect at the age of 18 was pretty nostalgic. I must say, Japan does cinema way better than we do. Upon buying my ticket, I was given a password to download Genesect for free into Pokemon Black 2 or White 2 (unfortunately, I don`t have either of those games) and was able to buy a bunch of Pokemon merchandise - I got a keyring with Pikachu, Eevee and the new Eeveelution, Sylveon (Nymphia in Japanese). Then, at the food stall, I was able to buy a big plastic Pokemon tub of popcorn, with a free Pokemon strap and Eevee phone charm. It was so coooool!
And the best part was, I was pretty much able to follow the film, despite it being all in Japanese, so I feel more confident with my Japanese speaking ability than before.

After that, we did some shopping, and I bought this kickass hat that I can`t find online but it says "HELLO my name is" like the stickers so it`s coooool

And then I got to eat MOS BURGER WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Laters,
クイーヴァ
Caoimhe

4 comments:

  1. Sounds a great birthday. Oh Happy Birthday by the way... What can you do in Japan now what you are 18? Vote? Drive? Drink?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently she has to be 20 in Japan. To be fair its hard to do all those things at once no matter what age you are !!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you liked "Yukata" I sent you as a birthday gift, its pattern and colours are so you, I think. We are all waiting for your Yukata photo upload!! Hope you get a chance to wear in Ireland when you come back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound like you had a great time. you'll always remember your 18th birthday. I don't suppose you evolved into something else in the cinema?

    ReplyDelete