Sunday 14 July 2013

Japanese Snacks #2

Well lads,

This weekend in Japan is a 3-day weekend so tomorrow evening I`ll tell y`all what I got up to :)

I`ve tried some very strange foods while I`ve been here. Mainly snacks... by Jaysus they`re strange. Delicious, but strange..

Pepsi Crisps
Without a doubt, the WEIRDEST food I`ve ever eaten. Pepsi flavoured crisps. They are sweet and almost fizzy, and taste like Cola Chupa-Chups lollipops. I can`t get my head around them, they`re so weirdly yummy and whaaat I don`t even

Pizza Crisps
 I don`t think this flavour is exclusive to Japan, but I`ve never seen it in Ireland. These taste great, and far less bizarre than the Pepsi crisps (called Shuwa Shuwa Cola, if anyone wants to search for them online.) They taste just like those mini-pizzas you can get in Tesco or Dunnes- you know the ones, mini margheritas with no crusts. Delish.

Fish
I have tried sooo many fish and to my delight, lots of them taste amazing!
  • Eel (うなぎ) new favourite sushi. Tastes like chicken with a flaky texture in BBQ sauce. Nom.
  • Octopus - YUCK NO NO NEVER AGAIN it`s weeeeeird
  • Squid - funnily enough I like this. At least the taste. The texture is weird as.
  • Crab - Nom nom nom I like crab om nom nom UNDER THE SEEEEAAAA
ahem. Short post tonight cos I`m shocked over the death of Cory Monteith/watching Japanese news with bated breath over Royal Baby.

Night yall,
クイーヴァ
Caoimhe

3 comments:

  1. All that fish raw? Sound yum. Never had eel sushi. Would happily eat most of the supporting cast of The Little Mermaid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please add Shuwa Shuwa Cola to my food parcel. It's what Cory would have wanted...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where can I buy these crisps one?

    ReplyDelete