Thursday 4 July 2013

Soft Drinks #2

Yo,

I think I`ll make a series out of the soft drinks :D cos I love them so much :D

Pepsi Nex
Every summer in Japan, Pepsi release a new flavour for a limited run, e.g. Salty Watermelon and Iced Cucumber. So unless this year`s hasn`t actually been released yet, I`ve been very disappointed with Pepsi Nex. It`s just Pepsi Max.
There`s also Pepsi Special, which apparently has a fat-blocking agent, but it tastes exactly the same as Nex...

Skal Blue
Remember Skal, the milk-based lemonade from my last Soft Drink post? This is the same thing, except instead of lemon flavour it`s a bubblegum-y taste. DELISH. I love this. It`s got such a weird hue, almost a glow, and it reminds me of Nuka-Cola Quantum from Fallout 3. So naturally I feel like a complete badass when I drink it. Speaking of cool colours...

Fanta Melon
Gosh I love this. Despite the colour, it`s got a really fresh, fruity taste and is very popular in Japanese restaurants. Reminds me a bit of tropical juice except fizzy. It`s also very very sweet. Though it`s harder to find in vending machines, so for now it`s a treat when (and if) I`m in a restaurant with friends or my host family.

Ug glug glug.
Also, for some reason the "Share A Coke" campaign here doesn`t have names, but years. I suppose people look for their birth year or something. Not as cool as Germany, where I spotted this gem...
yep. Bad picture but they`re real.

Laters!
クイーヴァ
Caoimhe



5 comments:

  1. Hope you're giving your teeth a good brush after all that sugary stuff. What's toothpaste like there?? same or different?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The toothpaste does a grand job at cleaning your teeth, and tastes a bit like Juicyfruits, but it doesn`t freshen your breath in the slightest, I`m relying on chewing gum for that!

      Delete
  2. someone's done it already..i googled.. think hyperlinks don't work in comments so you'll have to cut and paste.. http://1000thingsaboutjapan.blogspot.ie/2010/12/wont-miss-271-japanese-toothpaste.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think this is what you call Meta. A hyperlink to itself on how to do a hyperlink!

    How to insert Hyperlinks in a comment

    ReplyDelete